Monday, 4 January 2010

First day of Genting

Well,

It started off uneventful. Went to Genting with piggy and parents! And 2 pairs of uncles and aunts. Watched House all the way till we started going up the mountains.

That's when the excitement began.

The road was like a race track! Zig zagging all the way. Combine that with pitch black darkness, and cold wind, and you've got yourself an exhilirating ride up to Genting Highlands.

We eventually reached (safely) the top of the mountain, and faced a HUUUUUUUUGE JAM. The 9 story carpark at the hotel was full, and by full, I meant illegal parking full. Cars were squeezed at any single corner so long as it didn't block anyone.

We eventually found a carpark, and tada! GTFO OF THE CAR AND FREEZE MY ARSE TO DEATH.

We then chucked our bags in a room (one single room to fit 6 people), and went out immediately to the shopping mall!

Trust me when I say this, it's a smoking haven. Everywhere you go, you can smoke. Because there's no air con!

I did eat like a pig though, two plates of chicken rice, wanton soup and fried wantons. Forgot what else I ate, because it was such a blur due to my sleepiness!

I was grumpy, so I didn't really bother much about the countdown (we celebrated our countdown while walking around in the mall), and catched a tiny bit of fireworks. It was cold though, which was the only thing I enjoyed. The temperature at that point of time was 21.5 degrees.

Me and piggytay went back to the room to sleep first, where I couldn't sleep properly due to her snoring directly in my ear XD..

And that ends my uneventful first day at Genting.