I feel like I'm suffering from Writer's Block. Each time I look at my codes, my whole head goes blank.
Each time I attempt to type new things, they all don't make sense, and my whole train of thought is derailed and my mind crashes.
So to overcome this problem, I am taking advice from some guides online, by noting down what I'm supposed to do to refresh my memory and to keep track of my ideas and progress.
I am attempting to create a Network Monitoring System.
It will track the performance of hardware in a network. It will track the CPU Usage, Hard Disk Usage and RAM Usage of each Windows/Linux PC/Server, as well as Cisco Routers/Switches.
RAM Usage has been solved. I am fully able to track Windows 7 and XP's RAM Usage. It is still untested on Windows Vista.
Hard Disk has been partially fixed. I am able to get a list of drives (C:, D:, A:) from Windows XP, but for some reason, it doesn't work on Windows 7.
Also, I need to be able to compile a list of the drives, then query each of them for their space left.
CPU is a large problem, one which will take a few days at least to work out. Apparantly, the CPU's position can be changed anytime, meaning that the OID can be changed. I feel this is untrue, but I have to see what I can do about it.
My current task is Hard Disk. I have to dynamically track which OIDs belong to which Hard Disk. It is currently messing up.
My next task is dynamically tracking which OIDs belong to which CPU, then track each core's performance per minute.
Just got some advice from me dad. His punchline: "Be creative. Slap, and make them thank you". Sigh.