Lets put things into perspective here.
1) "Friends over family in certain circumstances"
- Your "friends" in question will not acknowledge your existence in a few years
- Your family will be there, even if they're bitching at you, you know they're there.
- Your "family" (me) has been waiting for this chance to celebrate together.
- Your "family" has been asking and begging and asking. Your friends? "Want come?" once.
- This is my prediction of what the future holds, you will be placing friends over me because "you only get to dine with them once".
2) "This is my only chance to dine with my friends"
- If they were "your friends", you'd be talking to them more often.
- If they were "your friends", you'd have plenty chances to dine with them in the future.
3) "I like my friends alot"
- Your friends are not going to acknowledge you in a few years. Hell even knows if you'll meet them again.
- You can choose to like "your family", or "your friends" more. Up to you.
4) Treating me like a dog
- I ALWAYS cut my sleep just so I can spend more time with you. Always.
- If you think I still don't deserve anything, alrighty then.
- If you still think that spending more time with "your friends" is more important than spending whatever last moments we have before I enter the fucking army/police, alright.
If you still insist you must dine with your friends and deny any single explanation I give to you, fine.
Let me give an example.
"I wanna dine with my friends (a whole fucking group of pretty, beautiful models who are very friendly and I liked one of them before), but I'm going just because my two best fwens (say Sham and Sheng Qiang) are going. Oh and I like my friends very much too."
Really. Read, re-read, and re-read again. If you still insist that I am merely bitching and being sad for nothing, I'll have nothing to say except this.
You can go find another guy who barks when you say bark, cut sleep when you insist on meeting early and goes away quietly with a smile when you insist your group of male friends are more important.